Last modified on 28 June 2014, at 20:32

Category:Smythe Buildings

The Smythe Buildings at 101-111 Arch Street between N. Front Street and N. 2nd Street in the Old City neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, originally a department store and now the Smythe Stores condominiums, were built in 1855-57 in the Renaissance Revival style, with a cast-iron facade by the Tiffany and Bottom Foundry in Trenton, New Jersey. In 1913, the center section of the facade was removed to accommodate a trolley turn-around, but was reconstructed in fiberglass when the building was converted in 1984. (Sources: Emporis page. NY Times article and Philadelphia Architecture: A Guide to the City (2nd ed.))

Media in category "Smythe Buildings"

The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.