English: A somma volcano is a volcanic caldera that has been partially filled by a new central cone. The name comes from Mount Somma, a stratovolcano in southern Italy with a summit caldera in which the upper cone of Mount Vesuvius has grown.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Media in category "Somma volcanoes"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Crater lake Pinatubo.jpg
- Fogo, Cape Verde Islan...
- Fogo-Pico Pequeno (6).jpg
- Monte Vesubio (desde s...
- NASA RabaulVolcano PIA...
- Sakura-jima from space...
- Vesuvius Aster.jpg