St. Patrick's Old Cathedral (or Old St. Patrick's Cathedral) at 260 Mulberry Street between Prince and Houston Streets in the Nolita neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built from 1809 to 1815 on the the site of the cemetery of St. Peter's Church. It was designed by Joseph Francois Mangin. The cathedral burnt down in 1866 and was re-built by Henry Englebert, and opened again in 1868. When the new, uptown, St. Patrick's Cathedral was consecrated in 1879, the old sanctuary became a parish church. (Source: From Abyssinian to Zion (2004))
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "St. Patrick's Old Cathedral"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.