English: Tipton St John is a village in the civil parish of Ottery St Mary in the English county of Devon. It has a population of around 350. The village is built on rising ground overlooking the River Otter. Between the village and the river lies the site of the former Tipton St Johns railway station, closed in 1967. The station was the junction between the Sidmouth Railway and the Budleigh Salterton Railway from 1897. The village also used to have a post office until 2008 when it was closed. Tipton St John has situated in it a pub called The Golden Lion.
Read in another language
This page is available in 2 languages