Category:Toggenburgergruft

Deutsch: 1437/39 wurde im Auftrag von Elisabeth von Matsch im ehemaligen Kloster Rüti die Toggenburger Kapelle für ihren verstorbenen Gemahl, Friedrich VII., den 'letzten' Grafen von Toggenburg, erbaut. Im Verlauf von verschiedenen Umbauten wurde die ursprüngliche Kapelle abgebrochen und die eigentlich Gruft der Toggenburger im nördlichen Kirchenteil unzugänglich. Heute sind die wenigen verbliebenen Überreste der Toggenburgergruft restauriert und befinden sich unterhalb des Vorraums der heutigen Reformierten Kirche.
English: In 1436, en:Count Friedrich VII of Toggenburg died, and was buried in 1439 or 1442 in a chapel (Toggenburger Kapelle) given by his noble wife, Elisabeth von Mätsch. A large number of the members of the Toggenburg family was buried in the so-called Toggenburger Gruft underneath the church of the Rüti Abbey, a burial vault (tomb) where is as of today the entrance hall to the Reformed church in Rüti (Switzerland). In addition there was a large number of members of noble families/knights living nearby (Regensberg family excluded) and the families of the latter Amtsmann from 1525-1789. Most of these gravestones are lost, destroyed (probably the ones of the nobilities in June 1443 by the Swiss troops in the Old Zürich War), or were re-used for buildings etc.

Media in category "Toggenburgergruft"

The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.

Last modified on 18 January 2011, at 00:55