The crystal industry in Waterford dates back to 1783 and the business of George and William Penrose. That business closed down in 1851 but in 1947 a Czech immigrant, Charles Bacik, restablished the glass industry in Waterford which has been in business as Waterford Crystal to the present day and is a well known brand of quality crystal in many parts of the world. Production in Waterford has been paused between 2009 and 2010 whilst, owing to economic difficulties, a new visitors center is built in a more central location but production is ongoing in the meantime from the companys Czech Republic and German factories.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Josiah Wedgwood (7 C, 2 P, 10 F)
Media in category "Waterford Crystal"
The following 35 files are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Britannica Glass Oval...
- Entry of Waterford Cry...
- Glass cutter at waterf...
- Waterford collage2.jpg
- Waterford Crystal Buil...
- Waterford Crystal engr...
- Waterford Crystal fact...
- Waterford Crystal glas...
- Waterford Crystal head...
- Waterford Crystal tour...