English: West Lothian was a four-masted iron ship built in 1882 by Charles Connell & Co., Glasgow, as Yard No. 131 for James Boyd, Glasgow. Her dimensions were length × beam × depth: 279.4 × 40.2 × 23.5 ft (85.2 × 12.3 × 7.2 m) and tonnage 1882 GRT and 1814 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails. 1897 reduced to four-masted barque rig. 1912 sold to A/S West Lothian (T. Dannevig & Co.), Sandefjord, Norway. 1917 torpedoed by the German submarine U 93 west off the Hebrides on voyage from Buenos Ayres to Copenhagen with a cargo of maize and oil cakes. The entire crew was saved.