Image licensing and sourcesEdit
For the images in this category I asked for help translating info about licensing and sources. See:
- Note. The following discussion started at User talk:DoostdarWKP#Sajed.ir and User talk:Timeshifter#Sajed.ir and Commons:Administrators' noticeboard#Can... someone with knowledge of Persian (or Arabic) writing
Thanks for translating the Farsi to English at File:Chemical weapon2.jpg! That image is categorized here:
- Category:Halabja chemical attack - The source for the other images there is
Can you tell me who took the photos for that source page?
I couldn't tell from Google translation of Persian (Farsi) to English:
There are also these sajed.ir photos:
That page is the source for this category:
I also asked for help at User talk:Mardetanha#sajed.ir photos.
- Hi, the page doesn't say who took the photos (at least I couldn't find anything) but they are all released under the GFDL license. You should not worry about authenticity of the photos. sajed.ir is an official governmental website I believe. This is as reliable as one can be about the photos. --DoostdarWKP (talk) 08:03, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hello regarding to your message i assume we can use their image on commons since they are released under GFDL. if you had any more question you can find on my talk page or IRC . Thanks for your attention --Mardetanha talk 00:34, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. I think we need an image license template for Sajed.ir
(unindent) From the bottom of the current home page, http://www.sajed.ir , is this:
پایگاه اطلاع رسانی جامع دفاع مقدس (ساجد). باز نشر کلیه مطالب این سایت شامل مقالات، اخبار، صوت و تصویر و ... به طور کامل و یا چکیده آن، با ذکر منبع بلامانع است. «کلیهٔ مطالب تحت مجوز مستندات آزاد گنو (GFDL) منتشر میشوند» (تاریخ آغاز فعالیت، دوره جدید- 23-6-1385)
Go to the home page to see it correctly. The MediaWiki software here struggles with the right-to-left order of Farsi. I would like to get the best possible translation of this, and put it in the Sajed.ir image license template. Is the above quote from the current home page the same as the statement translated at File:Chemical weapon2.jpg? The image description section has this:
"باز نشر کلیه مطالب این سایت شامل مقالات، اخبار، صوت و تصویر و ... به طور کامل و یا چکیده آن با ذکر منبع بلامانع است. «کلیهٔ مطالب تحت مجوز مستندات آزاد گنو (GFDL) منتشر میشوند»: translation from Farsi: "A complete or partial republication of all material of this website including articles, news, voice, images ... is allowed provided that this website is cited as a reference. All the material are released under the GFDL license."
Here is the Google translation of the current home page info:
پایگاه اطلاع رسانی جامع دفاع مقدس ( ساجد ). Sacred Defense comprehensive information base (Sajed). باز نشر کلیه مطالب این سایت شامل مقالات، اخبار، صوت و تصویر و ... Open publication of this Web site, including all articles, news, sound and image and ... به طور کامل و یا چکیده آن، با ذکر منبع بلامانع است. Or completely abstract, it is permitted with mention source. «کلیهٔ مطالب تحت مجوز مستندات آزاد گنو (GFDL) منتشر میشوند» «All subjects under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) are published» (تاریخ آغاز فعالیت، دوره جدید- 23-6-1385) (Begin date of activity, new era - 23-6-1385)
I got the above by copying and pasting the bottom of the translated page. Somehow it pulls up the Persian (Farsi) too, though one can't see it on the translated page. --Timeshifter (talk) 20:27, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Breathing Dead (English Wikipedia) below is referring to File:Grave of Neda.jpg as the photo he took. I copied the comment from his English Wikipedia user talk page: en:User talk:Breathing Dead. --Timeshifter (talk) 20:29, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Yes I took that picture. Yes my Persian Wikipedia's account name is Truth Seeker. I do have a common's account but I have uploaded that picture in Persian Wikipedia, then a user asked me to allow him to also upload it to the commons and I gave him the permission. And yes I am absolutely ready to die for my country and to defend the freedom of speech. And yes I wish I was dead instead on Neda. However I must admit, I am just a coward comparing to her. The pictures in Sajed's website are property of Iran's high council of defence and are published as GNU(GFDL) so you may use all the pictures with a reference to their website (according to their site). Actually the site is running by the very same people who are killing our innocent people in the streets right now (Basi militia members)! If you need a particular phrase to be translated from Persian, please let me know. By the way, why are you this much interested in Iran's related articles? --Breathing Dead (talk) 19:59, 9 July 2009 (UTC)