VicuñaUploader is a free tool written in Java designed to upload files to Wikimedia Commons and other Wikimedia projects.
VicuñaUploader is a bit similar to Commonist but has some more functionality and different user interface. Among others:
- It saves metadata in session.xml file: it is possible to prepare files for upload off-line
- It checks file-name conflicts before sending files to Commons
- It supports choice of categories (almost in the same way as Upload Wizard does, and with semicolons rather than pipes as Commonist)
- It supports geotagging (by simple one-click on a map window)
- It supports chunked uploads