I made several changes to this gallery to make it more consistent with some of the other squirrel galleries:
- added a translation box, but I didn't know the words for Douglas squirrel in anything but English, so right now the translation box just has the english.
- added a taxonomic navigation box
- added location titles on the images that didn't have them.
- deleted an image from the gallery that was a near duplicate of another image in the gallery. It seems like there is no need for a gallery to have every image that is in the category.
- added a link to the wikipedia article on Douglas squirrels
- added a new image to the gallery
These were towards the bottom of the page:
- [[fr:Tamiasciurus douglasii]]
- [[it:Tamiasciurus douglasii]]
I don't know what the purpose of these is. They don't seem to show up on the page. I might delete them in the future unless there's a purpose for them.
- Regarding your query about the following:
[[en:Douglas Squirrel]] [[fr:Tamiasciurus douglasii]] [[it:Tamiasciurus douglasii]]
- These are called interwiki links or interwikis or iws. Somewhere on your rendered page, you will find
In Wikipedia • English • Français • Italiano
- Each item links to the article in that language's version of Wikipedia on the topic. Walter Siegmund (talk) 18:31, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the response, I looked all over the rendered page and didn't find them. I'm not always good at thinking outside the box however and that was my problem. The links are outside the gallery page near the bottom of the area where the general wiki commons links are. This looks like the right way to link to wikipedia articles to me so I deleted the link to the WIkipedia article I added and left those in. I also used those links to figure out what the name of the squirrel is in french and italian and added that to the translation box. --Davefoc (talk) 19:07, 12 October 2008 (UTC)