||This work is not an object of copyright according to the Law of Georgia No. 2388-Is of September 9, 1999 on Copyright and Neighbouring Rights
Article 5. Subject Matter Of Copyright
- Copyright does not apply to ideas, methods, processes, systems, means, concepts, principles, discoveries and facts, even if they are expressed, described, explained, illustrated or embodied in a work
Article 8. Works To Which Copyright Does Not Apply
- Copyright does not apply to the following works:
- a) official documents (laws, decisions of courts, other texts of administrative and normative character), as well as their official translations;
- b) official symbols of state (flag, emblem, anthem, award, monetary symbols, other official signs and symbols of state);
- c) information of events and facts.
- When using the works mentioned in subparagraph "b" of this Article under the other persons name, it is possible to protect the right of author's name.
Full text of the Law: in English, in Georgian, in Russian.
Comment – According to interstate and international compacts Georgia is legal successor of the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic, therefore this license tag is also applicable to official symbols and formal documents of the Georgian SSR.
Warning – This license tag cannot be applied to proposed official symbols and drafts of formal documents, which can be copyrighted.