This page is for requests from Mike.lifeguard only. If you are someone else, please go to my talk page and ask there.
- 6 unfree images for which I need free alternatives: imageshack — Mike.lifeguard 23:30, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
- Decent vectorized versions of the following:
This is horrible, and also possibly wrong. Compare with File:Cochlea.png.
Also, some of the images below are not really "proper" SVGs - they have been automatically vectorised witohut proper pre- and post-processing, resulting in huge (several MB) files and no quality gain over the originals, as well as being mostly useless for derivative works. The graphs also don't all have straight axes. I've done some remakes.
- Technically using a solidus to separate the units is an accepted usage, as you are plotting a raw number, so as you say , but I'll change it for you. − Inductiveload (talk) 19:05, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- OK, done. Also, what kind of cake? :-) The trick is to use photoshop to remove all the arrows and stuff, adjust the levels so you have a black and white image, then trace that. Followed by filling in colours manually with Inkscape (or maybe with Adobe Illustrator's live paths, if appropriate). Takes a lot longer, but the end result is much prettier. − Inductiveload (talk) 19:11, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- For those, a few things:
- is not present in the stimulus - can you make it a faded and/or dashed line to make that clearer?
- Please use kHz for the frequency scale
- "Summed signal" should read "Combined waveform"
- And can you do another one with a different - say, 500Hz?
- — Mike.lifeguard 22:34, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- I did one with a 400 Hz beat frequency - a 500 Hz one wouldn't fit so neatly on the axes. + changes you requested. − Inductiveload (talk) 23:18, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
I'm not quite sure what you want with the transection request. Could you draw on roughly what you want in MS Paint or something and upload to Imageshack? Cheers Inductiveload (talk) 22:21, 18 April 2009 (UTC)