More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Kit body ucatólica1992h.svg was uncategorized on 4 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Kit body ucatólica1988h.svg was uncategorized on 4 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Kit left arm ucatólica1991h.svg was uncategorized on 5 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Kit right arm ucatólica1991h.svg was uncategorized on 5 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Kit left arm ucatólica1988h.svg was uncategorized on 20 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Kit right arm ucatólica1988h.svg was uncategorized on 20 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
Hola, 3BRBS. He visto que subiste 2 ficheros iguales: File:Wikimedia Chile - Guía para subir y editar archivos en Wikisource.djvu y uno que parece que tiene un poco mejor resolución File:Wikimedia Chile - Guía para subir y editar archivos en Wikisource (FSA).pdf. ¿Puedo marcar para borrar el primero, por duplicado, o es necesario para algo que desconozco? ¡Un saludo! -Aleator (talk) 17:18, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013! Please help with this survey.
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 365,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from more than 50 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2013.