Hi, When you marked the section Commons:Village pump/Copyright#Mozilla_Public_License_2.0_and_templates for not archiving, you wrote the time 15:10, 11 January 2023 (UTC). I was just wondering if this was a typo or your intention is in fact for it to be there for 10 years? (I suspect the former, but I guess it's better to be sure :)). In kind regards, Henrik/heb [T C E] 09:01, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
I chopped it out of a YouTube clip. Will I just give credit to Google, since I can't remember which one? Ranunculoid (talk) 19:11, 12 February 2013 (UTC)
Required Your AttentionEdit
Hi. I recently saw you have posted an image in Wikimedia Commons regarding Mozilla Firefox i.e, File:Mozilla Firefox logo 2013.png, anyways i saw there that you have reverted the image uploaded by an user by the name Nclm tagging as "the first version is assumed free because it is in the source code, like the previous logo was when it was declared free".
Your sentence might be true, but does this apply to the image which was uploaded by another user named TheMostAmazingTechnik replacing my uploaded image ? i.e, File:IOS 7 Logo.png, if yes, you are requested to make changes to it.
- I don't know.
- The Firefox logo in Firefox is released under a free license. I do not allow uninformed assumptions by myself and by others that a bigger version is free, but I have no non-Mozilla arguments other than the precautionary principle: I have no idea about what amount of additional information is non-free, and what exactly is copyrighted (if anything but author's death date is exact in copyright).
- File:IOS 7 Logo.png is different: it is probably not released under a free license, but it is assumed to be below the threshold of originality, and is so simple that it could probably be vectorized almost in your head, so maybe a twice bigger version does not really contain any additional information.
- --AVRS (talk) 11:08, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi! My feeling is that we should rename this category: Screenshots by GNU packages which could have categories like Screenshots of GNU GCC, Screenshots of GNU GDB, etc… What do you think? Does this sounds okay? English is not my native language, so I prefer to ask… genium ⟨✉⟩ 14:20, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. Do you mean to avoid confusion with "Windows screenshots", which is for screenshots where Windows' window manager decorations are visible?
- "GCC" already has "GNU" in it: Category:GNU Compiler Collection.
- --AVRS (talk) 12:17, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
- No, my English is bad, I meant Screenshots of GNU packages by name with Screenshots of this or that… in it, but I'm not sure now. I don't understand if it's better to say "screenshots of something" or "something screenshots". My thinking was to organize later the "Category:GNU" like this: GNU packages by name, GNU people by name, Screenshots of GNU packages by name, GNU licenses by name, but I'm not sure now, maybe this wording is not the best. We have time anyway, it's probably better for me to watch what others will do… genium ⟨✉⟩ 13:53, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
Editor @ ar.wikiEdit
Hello. I would like to inform you that I have granted you editor flag at the Arabic Wikipedia, all your edits there will be automatically marked as patrolled. Best regards.--Avocato (talk) 13:52, 6 December 2013 (UTC)