More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Пермь Пермский государственный университет 5 корпус.jpg was uncategorized on 27 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Franshev Evgenii Ivanovich bust.jpg was uncategorized on 10 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Bryzgalov Ivan Ivanovish bust.jpg was uncategorized on 10 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Maslov Ivan Vasilevish (1912-1963) bust.jpg was uncategorized on 15 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ivanov Stepan Gavrilovich bust.jpg was uncategorized on 15 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Byshmakin Alekcei Petrovich bust.jpg was uncategorized on 15 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Францев Евгений Иванович Бюст.jpg was uncategorized on 15 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Южанинов Иван Васильевич Бюст.jpg was uncategorized on 15 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Koni Irina Semenovna.jpg was uncategorized on 16 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Flag of Perm Krai 59 region.svg.png was uncategorized on 20 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:47, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 has finishedEdit
- Message delivered by Lucia Bot in 20:20, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
Though the collection of images for the contest has been completed (as we informed you previously), the organizers of the contest "Wikipedia loves Petersburg" are glad to update you on the current course of events.
Our jury is working hard; on November, 1 it will declare the winners and the recipients of special prizes. We ask those of you who have not yet set up an e-mail address to do it at user preferences page so that the jury could contact the participants of the contest and to hand out the awards. The winners of the European-wide Wiki Loves Monuments competition will be announced later, in mid-November.
Already on November 2 in St. Petersburg, the Art-hotel "Rachmaninov", located on 5, Kazanskaya St., will open an exhibition of works by the participants of the contest. We inform you about the opening time via the website http://wikilovesmonuments.ru/
If you have any questions or need help with Wikimedia Commons, you can contact user kaganer. You can ask any questions about the contest by sending an e-mail to infowikimedia.ru
Thank you again for your participation!.
"Wikipedia loves Petersburg" contest results are summed upEdit
On November, 1 the winners of the contest "Wiki Loves Monuments" were announced.
It was difficult to select the winners. More than 450 users participated in the contest, having uploaded more than 4400 photographs. The Organizing Committee thanks everybody who took part, tried their hands, and agreed to make their work available to the whole world. There is fascinating work ahead of Wikipedia users: To employ the images to illustrate the articles in Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia which is available in 270 languages.
Do not get upset if you have not won. Look into Wikipedia articles - you may soon find your work there, to help people to visualise the buildings you have taken photographs of. Besides, we will contact you to hand you in a souvenir to recognize your particiation. We hope you will accept this sign of our gratitude.
If you have a chance, you can visit the exhibition of photographs, which has been organized in Saint Petersburg and shows some of the photographs submitted to the contest.
We hope you will participate in the future competitions planned by Wikimedia RU and thank you for your contribution.
You can ask any questions about the contest by sending an e-mail to infowikimedia.ru.
In the name of the Organizing Committee,
Андрей, хочу помочь Вам!Edit
Андрей, я Михаил Самарский. В статье обо мне есть неточности, хотел бы обсудить с вами все вопросы. Помочь...