More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 07:48, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Gay Rights.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:The Universe Reference Map 001.png was uncategorized on 20 September 2009.
- Image:Universe Reference Map (Location) 001.jpeg was uncategorized on 20 September 2009.
- Image:Sedimentary Rock Chart.png was uncategorized on 4 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Metamorphic Rock Chart.PNG was uncategorized on 4 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Igneous Rock Chart.PNG was uncategorized on 4 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
|File:Nectocaris pteryx recentdiscog.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
I amelorated with Photoshop this picture since a very little photography (in an old newspaper) of my personal familial collection, scanned. I think this photography for the newspeper, is made around 1930 by one of my grand-uncles. No other one exists in the public domain !
Hi, this chart of the universe's composition is a useful idea but the figures for dark matter and dark energy are a little out-of-date, so they conflict with articles that use the chart...any chance you could update with more up-to-date figures from the latest WMAP analysis given in the "Parameters" section of wikipedia's Lambda-CDM model article? Also, do you remember where you got the breakdown of baryons into gas/stars/neutrinos/heavy elements? Would be useful to have a reference for that. 188.8.131.52 17:17, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for the great images! Could you please add a length scale to each, in Mpc or Mly?