|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:49, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:KBD-DZ-noshift-2009a.png was uncategorized on 18 September 2009.
|Category discussion notification||Category:Buddhist_ritual_objects has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
Hi, I've been working on a small game built around animal quizzes and I wanted to let you know I've used one of your pictures.
I found your picture here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Himalayan_Marmot_at_Tshophu_Lake_Bhutan_091007_b.jpg
And I attributed the picture like this: Christopher Fynn with this link: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Cfynn and also added a link to the license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed.en
I hope you're happy with it, please let me know if this is not the case. You can find the game here: http://apps.facebook.com/animalalbum Or through here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/AnimalAlbum/156339584490672
Kind regards, Garfunkel Jansen (talk) 21:02, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
P.S. Thanks for taking the picture and making it available.
Thank You for the Wikipedia PicturesEdit
Hello, My name is Duane Hurst and I recently made a free (non-commercial) English web site to share information with people. I added links to your Wikipedia/Wikimedia freeware pictures (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tashichoedzong-Bhutan-2001.JPG and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tashichödzong_Thimphu-2008-01-23.jpg and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trashigang_Dzong-a-2008-01-02.jpg). I also gave credit to you on my web pages for your work. Thank you for sharing with the public. My website is:
I add pictures such as yours to one of the following major sections of my site: 1. World section - contains information and over 10,000 images of every world country and territory. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/world/index.htm
2. USA section - contains information and images of every USA state and territory. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/world/usa/index.htm
3. English section - "Mel and Wes" lessons in conversation format. Stories are located in various USA states and world countries such as China, England, Germany, Japan, Mexico and Thailand. Each lesson has many slang terms and idioms, which I link to my Slang Dictionary. This eventually will have over 5,000 terms. Currently, it has about 3,000 slang and idioms. I regularly add new lessons and slang terms. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/english/lessons/index.htm Slang Dictionary link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/english/slang/Eslang_a.htm
Prior to retirement, I taught English at several private and public universities in the United States.
Please share this free site with your friends. I hope all will enjoy the pictures and find the English information useful. Sincerely, Duane Hurst in Utah, USA
Email address: email@example.com --220.127.116.11 17:55, 13 December 2012 (UTC)