|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Stone-barns-center-for-food-agriculture.JPG is uncategorized since 12 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:46, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Lambs-club-128-w-44.JPG is uncategorized since 25 January 2009. BotMultichillT 05:48, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Road-to-chester-swamp.png is uncategorized since 22 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:52, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Guilford-square.png is uncategorized since 22 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:52, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Louis-lunch.png is uncategorized since 22 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:52, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Henry-whitfield-house-ct.png is uncategorized since 22 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:52, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:352-353-riverside-manhattan.png is uncategorized since 18 March 2009. BotMultichillT 05:51, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Nyack-beach-state-park.png is uncategorized since 23 March 2009.
- Image:Firehouse-87-nyc.png is uncategorized since 30 March 2009.
- Image:Sterling-hill-mining-museum-inside-adit-portal.png is uncategorized since 18 April 2009.
- Image:Sterling-hill-mining-museum.png is uncategorized since 18 April 2009.
- Image:Sterling-hill-mining-museum-collection.png is uncategorized since 18 April 2009.
- Image:Thompson-Pond-2009.png was uncategorized on 10 August 2009.
Wikimedia Commons has a specific scopeEdit
Thank you for your contributions. Your image or other content, Mianus River Gorge, was recently deleted, or will soon be deleted, in accordance with our process and policies, because it was not, or is not, within our scope. Please review our project scope, but in short, Commons is targeted at educational media files including photographs, diagrams, animations, music, spoken text and video clips. The expression “educational” is to be understood according to its broad meaning of “providing knowledge; instructional or informative”. Wikimedia Commons does not contain text articles like encyclopedia articles, textbooks, news, word definitions and such. Each of these other kinds of content have their own projects: Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikisource, Wikinews, Wiktionary and Wikiquote.
If the content seems to fit the scope of one of those other projects, please consider contributing it there. Otherwise, consider an alternative outlet. If you think that the deletion was in error because the contribution really was in scope, you can appeal it at Commons:Undeletion requests, giving a reason why it fits our scope to help others evaluate the matter. Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for contributing to Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in the United StatesEdit
Thank you for contributing to Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in the United States. The images you uploaded will help illustrate Wikipedia articles on historic sites in the United States. We are delighted to share the winning images and our top 10 finalists with you.
We invite you to continue uploading images to Wikimedia Commons and we hope you will return for Wiki Loves Monuments again in September 2014. For more information about Wikimedia Commons, please visit our welcome page. For more information about Wiki Loves Monuments 2013, please click here. Once again, thank you for sharing your images and participating in our contest.
Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in the United States
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013! Please help with this survey.
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 365,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from more than 50 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2013.
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey. Your answers will help us improve the organization of future photo contests!
In case you haven't filled in the questionnaire yet, you can still do so during the next 7 days.
And by the way: the winning pictures of this year's international contest have been announced. Enjoy!
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 AnnouncementEdit
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!Edit
- In other languages: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.