First maps of Tour de FranceEdit
I have just seen your great work for maps for the Tour de France. There is just one problem : for the first ones, the map is is the map of France after 1920 (see for example France in 1900 : ), after the Treaty of Versaille, giving back to France Alsace and Lorraine, with cities like Strassbourg and Metz (and also somme territories to Belgium). The actual work is indeed not correct. For example, for the 1906 Tour, it is said that it went through Germany, as you don't see it on the Maps. It went through the German Alsace and Lorraine indeed...
- For me it was not important to use the map of France of 1906 for the 1906 Tour de France (and all other years), because I only wanted to have a quick overview of the route. But, I understand that this may not give full information, and might even be misleading. If I would do the images again, I would use a map of the right year. But I don't think I will make them again... --EdgeNavidad (talk) 12:36, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
Übersichtskarten Tour de France 1903–1914Edit
Alle Übersichtskarten der Tour de France von 1903–1914 zeigen einen falschen Grenzverlauf zwischen Frankreich und Deutschland; Elsass-Lothringen gehörte damals noch zum Deutschen Kaiserreich. --Frankee 67 (talk) 12:12, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
Tour de France 1910.png
Tour de France 1910
Tour de France 1911.png
Tour de France 1911
Tour de France 1913.png
Tour de France 1913
Tour de France 1914.png
Tour de France 1914
- Ja, das hat Vberger mir von einer Jahre auch gesagt. Wann du das ändern wollt, habe ich auf File:Tour de France 1939.png im English gesagt wie ich dieser Bilder gemacht habe. Wenn ich sie einmal wieder mache, würde ich Elsass-Lothringen nicht in Französischer Gebiet platzen. Ich denk aber nicht das ich die Bilder noch einmal mache. --EdgeNavidad (talk) 14:03, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
|File:Tour de France 1907.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
Notification about possible deletionEdit
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.