If you wrote before but cannot find the conversation, please see the Archives. >>>>>>
Questions about why your image is nominated for deletion?Edit
- Read this first!
- Then read COM:L
- Reply on the deletion nomination page
- Replies left here have no effect on deletion nominations
For most archived messages, please see the link list below the sleeping cat at upper right hand corner of page. I archive when the message thread has stopped having activity and/or when the conversation is over.
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Admin's Barnstar|
|The Admin's Barnstar is awarded to an administrator who made a particularly difficult decision or performed a tedious, but needed admin task.|
- If you don't see your discussion and a few days have passed, please see the July 2014 archive, and leave your new message at the bottom of this page!
Hello. You tagged this file as having no source. Looking through the history it looks like the metadata was vandalised a few years ago, removing this info, or else it's in the original work this was derived from. You might want it have a look and restore the data. (I would do this but I'm travelling at the moment and that's a non-trivial thing to do from an iPad). Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 08:24, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
Your input if you have the timeEdit
Ellin, If you had a moment, I was wondering if you'd care to have a look at a DR to let me know if the opening sources/statements are clear. I would just like to avoid a repeat of the Canadian Space Agency badge, where the central argument/evidence I was (attempting) to get across was lost in the subsequent discussion/noise. If you don't have the time, no worries, I know you're busy! Thanks. trackratte (talk) 04:18, 13 July 2014 (UTC)
Re: File source is not properly indicated: File:Armenian Air Force roundel.svgEdit
Hey Ellin, don't take my comments at COM:AN/B to be including you, because they don't in the slightest. I just like seeing otherwise unproblematic content being deleted simply because of who created it. This is not something that we generally practice here on Commons, but seems to be the modus operandi of some (but not all) on English Wikipedia. All I ask is that we look at things objectively and not get dragged into hysteria. :) russavia (talk) 14:15, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
Pictures Bert van LooEdit
Hi Ellen, I noticed you deleted the pictures of Bert van Loo. I can assure you that he personally gave me these pictures, that he took himself, from his own sculptors for use in Wikipedia. I send the written permission he gave me to email@example.com. Could you be so kind to undelete his pictures please? Or please help me to provide you or Wiki with the appropriate means to undelete his pictures. Please help. Thank you Madhu Gopal (talk) 13:54, 16 July 2014 (UTC) Hi Ellen, I understand Bert van Loo needs to sign this http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ right? How does he do that, or is the contract he send me enough (which I send to firstname.lastname@example.org)? Could you please help me, I really want his pictures restored asap? Thank you. --Madhu Gopal (talk) 14:22, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Madhu Gopal: Please visit the OTRS page where this issue can be solved. Once you send permissions to the email address you give, it's the OTRS editors who will be helping you. They are as backed up as the rest of us, please be patient with your requests to them. Cheers! Ellin Beltz (talk) 16:39, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
Hello, Thank you for your email. I don't have much time right now but i will do my best to get it al done. I have lots of photo's on my computer wich i want to opload too but i didn't get time for that too. i am still figuring out how it all works. Greetings Rob Hille User talk:Rob Hille
You deleted the Human Heart image. I am the author of the image and allowed National Geographic AND Wikipedia to use it under the wikipedia guidelines. http://bryanbrandenburg.net/wikpedia-heart-3d/ Please undelete. Thanks. Preceeding unsigned by WhatIfWeCould
Russavia undeleted two of the photos previously deleted through DR out of process so I've started new debates at Commons:Deletion requests/File:Laketahoewhalebeach.jpg and Commons:Deletion requests/File:Pyramidlakenv.jpg.—Ryūlóng (竜龙) 16:19, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
I've found another sleeper account based on Horvitz's admission that he uploaded a photo for a particular Wikipedia page (and actually edit warred to keep it in use).—Ryūlóng (竜龙) 00:36, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
Back view of man on beachEdit
Hi Ellin, Was it you that I had the conversation with about the so-called art project with the guy posting images of "back view of man on beach", mostly on California beaches? If so, I found another one today. Invertzoo (talk) 01:26, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
File:Angelo Brofferio 1867.jpgEdit
Source = mechanical reproduction of 2D imageEdit
Source information is not only used to write something in a source field. The reason for providing sources is also:
- Allow users to verify that the describtion matches the content. Thats important since many of our users dont put any effort in what they upload, sometimes they just grab a file from google imagesearch and the subject they searched was only mentioned on the website they found but isnt shown in the file. See en:Wikipedia:Citing sources#When and why to cite sources, the scope and educational purpose of Wikimedia Commons sources is not different.
- of legal nature for international users, see COM:ART. For non-US users it indeed is important if the photo was taken by e.g. a British photographer or from a British institution/source.
If you dont have any information for the source field please leave it. I refere to File:Queen Henrietta Maria circa 1637 by Van Dyke.jpg. --Martin H. (talk) 04:02, 28 July 2014 (UTC)