It is necessary to add the exact link to the original image in the sv wikipedia to verify the copyright status. --Anna 00:29, 25 May 2005 (UTC)
Featured pictures candidatesEdit
Pourriez-vous donner au moins un argument ayant motivé votre rejet des images Vitruvian.jpg, Death of Marat by David.jpg et Eugène Delacroix - La liberté guidant le peuple.jpg? Merci.
- Oui, je trouve que des reproductions de tableaux n'ont rien à faire en tant qu'image de qualité dans Wikipedia. Celles-ci devraient, à mon avis, faire preuve d'un minimum d'imagination, ce qui n'est évidemment pas le cas concernant des peintures et dessins archi-connus. Sinon, pourquoi ne pas reproduire toutes les oeuvres présentes dans les grands musées et en faire des images "featured". Encore, pour une sculpture, il y a l'angle de vue, l'éclairage qui peuvent distinguer une photo. Ici, rien, à part la stabilité de l'appareil et le choix d'une haute définition. Je préfère voter pour des illustrateurs qui font oeuvre créatrice. C'est mon avis. Il vaut ce qu'il vaut, mais je n'en changerai pas. Gérard Janot 18:56, 5 June 2006 (UTC) Tiens, et j'avais oublié de voter contre la Mort de Marat. Voilà qui est fait.
- Merci d'avoir répondu.
- Je ne suis pas d'accord, partant du fait que Commons n'est pas une simple galerie multimédia où chacun peut exposer ses créations, mais bien un espace commun à tous les projets Wikimédia, qui sert à l'illustration de ces projets. Les médias de qualité doivent être, à mon sens, à la fois de bonne qualité technique en tant que support multimédia, esthétiques et illustratifs.
- Les reproductions d'œuvres d'art, y compris à deux dimensions, y ont donc toute leur place, à partir du moment où la photo est de bonne qualité et que le sujet a une importante force évocatrice et qu'il est utile à au moins un des projets Wikimédia.
- El ComandanteHasta ∞ 20:48, 5 June 2006 (UTC)
-- AM 21:54, 7 August 2006 (UTC)
Orgullomoore 19:21, 16 March 2007 (UTC)Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. --
What part of "STOP! If your question regards things like Copyviol, License and Something-like-that, please read this!. Please also note that I'm using a Bot " that's on my talk page haven't you undestood? The bot can't read but can undestand that you are too lazy to add also the license as has done another user for you. So, I'm not the problem, sorry. Don't make me waste other time with such accusations, thanx --Filnik 11:08, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
- I'm not lazy. I've only a lot of things to do. Such as being sysop on three different projects, develop 4 different programs for my 3 active Bots and working on a new program against Vandals. As you can see, I'm not lazy, I want only not to waste time in repetitive tasks, perfect for Bots. If then people make something wrong, it's not my fault, they can correct the problem without accuse my Bot that has only notify the absence of a (required!) template. By the way, my Bot is not the only one that does that task but also the more famous User:CommonsDelinker do the same thing although in a different way (but if my Bot hadn't worked, the other would have notify you the same thing..). So, I suppose that I and the other 3 sysop (that are CommonsDelinker's Master) aren't the problem... so, who left? Bye, --Filnik 11:56, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
thank you very much for the Rue de Berne-Pictures. It is exactly what I'am looking for.
Merci beaucoup !
--Rlbberlin 16:47, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
Your Foto pour YoutubeEdit
I prepared for a friend Video for Youtube, the picture is yours: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=vgNOvYTY4Os&feature=channel_page
"Dieses Bild basiert auf dem Bild File:RouenStOuenOrgue.jpg aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und steht unter der GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation. Der Urheber des Bildes ist Gérard Janot."
Please look, wether everything with the license is OK, otherwise tell me here.
184.108.40.206 16:59, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
M'autorisez-vous à utiliser deux photos de l'Ecole Centrale à Paris (ECP2 et 5) afin d'illustrer une article de la revue La Cohorte de la Société d'entraide des membres de la Légion d'honneur? Cet article s'intitule "l'Ecole Centrale et la Légion d'honneur" et devrait paraître en mai.
D'avance, merci de votre réponse
- Bonjour, je vous réponds ici, n'étant pas certain que vous utilisiez votre page de discussion. Pas de problème pour utiliser toutes les photos que vous souhaitez, dont je suis l'auteur. Je vous remercierais de me citer comme l'auteur (Gérard JANOT, ECP promo 1971). Cordialement. Gérard Janot (talk) 17:03, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Re-scaling some video filesEdit
Hi Gérard, could you possibly re-scale the files File:Bachbwv933.ogg and File:Prelude bwv999.ogg? Especially in the latter file, 90 megabytes is IMO a bit ridiculous for just over a minute and a half of music! I'd rescale them down to about 250 kilobits per second, so people on low-end broadband Internet connections (like mine in Australia) can play them successfully. BTW I think uploading videos of your performances is a great idea, even though, as it says on my user page, I'm blind, so I can't take advantage of the video content. Graham87 (talk) 14:39, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
|File:ParisStGermainLAuxerrois.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
File source is not properly indicated: File:Kaganovitch.jpgEdit
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Kaganovitch.jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
—innotata 03:02, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Hello, Gérard Janot!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Catégorie.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:53, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Abbé Gravier.jpg was uncategorized on 6 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:30, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Haendel Suites.jpg was uncategorized on 27 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:41, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
harpsichords in the Landesmuseum Württemberg StuttgartEdit
You made the canton categories?Edit
|Category:Churches in the canton of Beuzeville has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
In all cases, please do not take the category discussion personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!
Haendel Allemande HWV 429Edit
|Je trouve votre fichier Haendel Allemande HWV 429 très beau. Stanzilla (talk) 09:01, 10 May 2012 (UTC)|
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
Dear Gérard Janot,
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 350,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from 36 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
- Message delivered by the Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 notification system on 06:00, 27 October 2012 (UTC)