This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:HelenOnline.
This is the user talk page of HelenOnline, where you can send messages and comments to HelenOnline.
Please sign and date your entries by clicking on the appropriate button or by typing four tildes (~~~~) at the end.
Put new text under old text.
New to Wikimedia Commons? Welcome! Ask questions, get answers as soon as possible.
Where to post replies:
If I have started or commented on a discussion on another talk page,
that talk page will be added to my watchlist so that I can reply there.
A mention or talkback would be appreciated if you do not reply to me soon afterwards.
by the way, I really like that theme... ;->
first - thanks for filling in the missing bullets, translating to afrikaans and probably checking if the translations work. I tried for some time yesterday to create a way to automatically translate the months into the correct language so that the repetitive part of the rules doesn't have to be translated each time - only to see in the end that that only worked for the first challenge... not sure if it's really useful the way it is... what do you think?
second - are the descriptions okay? I'd prefer to have a second opinion before I ask others to translate them (or check my French translations).
third - for the watchlist notice we just need to change the months and challenge names (which isn't strictly necessary), which should be possible to do as soon as the other pages are translated - or am I missing something?
By the way, I removed the category-sentence as Colin and you agreed that it means more maintenance work without advantage at the moment - no idea if I should create the categories or not.
Best wishes, Anna reg (talk) 10:32, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
1) No problem. The Afrikaans ones work. Clever idea. Why do you think it only worked for the first challenge? It looks like it worked for both to me.
2) I just made some minor copy edits.
3) Yes I think so, except we also need to wait for the voting pages to go live before we can post it.
4) Don't worry about categories at all from August.
1) Thanks. It worked in the end - but I first thought that creating one template should be enough and ended up having a problem with the time restriction (the sentence 'but may have been taken earlier'), which is the reason why I finally created a second nearly identical template (Template:Photo challenge rules restricted), even though that could be confusing. It is probably possible to have a parameter for changing that sentence, but so far have no idea how to manage that.
2) You found a way to hide that empty space between the list points! Great! I'll write to the other 'Photo-challenge-translators' that the new pages are ready ;->
3) Sure, but if we don't need to ask for translations first, we don't need a place to prepare it before we can post it on the watchlist-messages-page.