More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Hello, John Belushi!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:4C 41.17.jpg is uncategorized since 14 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:54, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Evolution SuWt 2.jpg is uncategorized since 14 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:54, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:SuWt 2.jpg is uncategorized since 14 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:54, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Shelter Island.jpg was uncategorized on 26 October 2009.
- Image:HD 85512 b.jpg was uncategorized on 13 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:57, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:NGC 6397 (ESO).jpg was uncategorized on 12 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:42, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
|File:Lutetia closest approach (Rosetta).jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
File tagging File:HD 85512 b.jpgEdit
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:HD 85512 b.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.
George Miquilena · talk 00:04, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
John and Morton EdgarEdit
|John and Morton Edgar|
|Thanks. John and Edgar Morton to John and Morton Edgar JMCC1 (talk) 19:40, 2 December 2013 (UTC)|
Edit which is close to vandalismEdit
This edit by yourself is very close to vandalism. Now, listen, I know that you are experiencing some serious butthurt over the existence of Polandball on Wikipedia projects, but when that butthurt almost crosses the line into vandalism, this is absolutely not on. Don't do such things again. russavia (talk) 16:26, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi there, I'm not sure if you are aware, but several months ago I managed to get Platforma to relicence their Flickr stream to Commons compatible CC licence. This took me almost 12 months of hounding them to do so, so I think I did pretty well with this, don't you?
Anyway, there are 1,500 images in Category:Photographs by Platforma Obywatelska (check needed) which need categorisation. I am not full bottle on Platforma politicians, and their descriptions are almost entirely in Polish. Perhaps you would like to take some time out of talking shit about me on other projects, and jump in and help to categorise these valuable Polish images. When categorised the "check needed" category can safely be removed from each image.
You may like to let other likeminded editors such as yourself to also stop talking shit about me, and ask them to pitch in and help with this. I am actively lobbying other Polish organisations and photographers to relicence their works for use on Commons.
P.S. I have also managed to obtain a photograph of the LOT 767 belly landing as described in pl:Awaryjne lądowanie lotu PLL LOT 016 under a free licence, but I am not rushing to upload it and make it available on Commons. To be perfectly honest, I feel that so long as people such as yourself continue to talk smack about me unabated that I am not going to reward such blatant idiocy by uploading one of the most needed photos as it pertains to Polish aviation. Such a shame. Grow the hell up.
|File:4QLev a.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Globalny ban RussaviEdit
- O ile nie używasz pluralis majestatis w stosunku do siebie, to nie popieraj się nieistniejącym tłumem. Zgłaszasz coś, co jest według Ciebie problemem, a potem nie wiem czemu mi piszesz, że problem został rozwiązany. Domyślam się, że miało to jakiś cel. Czysto informacyjny? Nie, bo innym adminom tego pewnie nie pisałeś. Więc czemu? Grajmy w otwarte karty. Kombinujesz, więc miej honor przyznać się o co Ci naprawdę chodzi. No i zauważ, że nie definiowałeś jaki problem został rozwiązany, stąd trzeba coś przyjąć - i najwłaściwsze wydaje mi się przyjęcie tego, co wcześniej pisałeś. Oczywiście nie raz bawiłeś się w łapanie za słówka, więc wolałem zastrzec jaka jest sytuacja, nim zaczniesz latać po innych i pokazywać taką manipulację, z której chcesz się teraz tchórzliwie wycofać, dodatkowo stosując formę, która dość kiepsko świadczy o Twoim poczuciu pewności. Krzysiu (talk) 16:58, 20 March 2015 (UTC)