More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- I don't know. If there is going to be images like those then better those ones as at least they are self made and of a reasonable quality. Besides they are also used on other sites which aren't what one might term sleazy. John lilburne (talk) 00:39, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
Discussion and ideal places for itEdit
Please take note, that undoing an admin's actions in the way that you did is not the way to go about getting issues heard; it makes you look as nothing more than a troll, particularly when you are reverting multiple admins. The sub-section has been closed for a reason; if some images are at DR, great, DR is where the issue will be discussed.
Having said, that if you wish to bring issues to the attention of the wider community, then COM:AN is not the place for it; AN is meant for issues which require immediate admin attention. This is an issue which will require the attention of the community-at-large, so I would suggest bringing the issue up at COM:VP or open an RFC at COM:RFC. The latter is the best place for such a discussion to occur.
- I'll just get the perv accounts faving those images deleted from flickr. John lilburne (talk) 22:29, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
- What people unrelated to the flickr photographer or editors here on Commons do on Flickr is not Commons concern, and most certainly is not a subject that should be clogging up Commons admin noticeboards. Good luck with doing whatever it is that you set out to do, but in future, do not undo admin actions as you did, and please listen to advice as it is given out, for we are not all that far apart, regardless of what you may think. russavia (talk) 22:43, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 openEdit
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee