More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Hello, Marek Mazurkiewicz!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:K-dron Polyhedral.svg was uncategorized on 28 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:V(D)J recombination-diagram4.svg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:V(D)J recombination-diagram1.svg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:V(D)J recombination-diagram2.svg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:V(D)J recombination-diagram.svg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:V(D)J recombination-diagram3.svg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Population distribution 001.svg was uncategorized on 14 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:14, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Population distribution 002.svg was uncategorized on 14 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:14, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Population distribution 003.svg was uncategorized on 14 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:14, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Population distribution 004.svg was uncategorized on 14 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:14, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Quadrilateral pl.svg was uncategorized on 14 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:14, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Coord system CA 0 z.svg was uncategorized on 18 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:08, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Coord system CA 0 y.svg was uncategorized on 18 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:08, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Coord system CA 0 x.svg was uncategorized on 18 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:08, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
|File:Spotkanie_z_chińską_herbatą_012.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Hello. Thank you for uploading Image:Apoplast and symplast pathways.svg, however the license that you have uploaded it under has been deprecated. Please could you select a new free license that describes the rights of the image correctly? If you are not able to do this, the image will be deleted in 7 days.
For more information on licenses that can be used on Wikimedia Commons, please see Commons:Licensing. If you have any questions, please ask at the village pump. Thank you for your patience and consideration. This is an automatic message by Nikbot.--Filnik 22:01, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
Witam. © nie oznacza, że wykorzystanie dzieła jest niedozwolone - wskazuje tylko na osobę, która jest właścicielem praw autorskich do dzieła, i która jest władna udzielić licencji na jego wykorzystanie (w tym wypadku jest to licencja Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Generic). tsca (talk) 13:05, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
Your Esperanto jagEdit
The idea on Commons is to communicate to practically deal with problems, not for you to indulge in plans about what languages you think that people hypothetically should be speaking. Please keep the esperanto to your User page -- and NOT for starting image deletion nominations. Any other course of action can be perceived as annoying. P.S. If "markemblemo" means "trademark", then your deletion nomination was useless and incorrect, since being trademarked is not a reason for image deletion... AnonMoos (talk) 00:39, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
w sprawie grafikiEdit
Witam. Ok, podam źródło. Mam też inne pytania:
1. Wrzuciłem plik: Life cycle of Cercospora beticola Sacc..svg, jednakże wystąpiły błędy, co rozwiązałem wrzucając poprawioną wersję. Przez nieuwagę wrzuciłem następnie kolejna gorszą wersję i teraz ogólnie jest kwas... W podglądzie na commons jest ok, ale w artykule jest źle. Czy mógłbyś to zobaczyć i ewentualnie poprawić?
2. Plik MAPA.svg - do tego pliku nie podam źródła, ponieważ jest to mapa czysto hipotetyczna (muszę go jeszcze skategoryzować).
3.Kolejny plik - Odporność, rynchosporioza.svg, a czy tu jest ok?
Picture of the Year voting round 1 openEdit
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
Category:Wszechświat z klocków LEGO, czyli o tym co to jest i jak sobie zrobić Mechanizm z Antykithiry : Historique des versionsEdit
Dzien dobry, Francuskie bistro zastanawia sie nad tym, czemu tytul tej kategorii jest az tak dlugi i czy nie mozna byloby go skrocic i przy okazji zangielszczyc tak aby wszyscy na Commons mogli wiedziec o co chodzi. Podejzewam ze byl to chyba tytul konferencji na Warszawskim festiwalu Nauki, ale jakby go przerobic na przklad na cos w stylu 'Antikythera Mechanism on LEGO' czy to by panu odpowiadalo? Czekam na odpowiedz i propozycje i zycze dalszej udanej pracy na Wiki. Wieslawa Litwinska (--Moonik (talk) 13:37, 14 May 2013 (UTC)).