More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 02:19, 21 October 2012 (UTC)
|File:J Devil (Jonathan Davis).jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added may soon be deleted. If you believe this file is not a copyright violation, please explain why on the file's talk page.
This photo was sent to me by Prospect Park, JDevil (Jonathan Davis)'s management firm. It has been used in multiple news articles and websites to promote JDevil as well as MSO (Mitch Schneider Organization) as his official PR photo. MSO PR release on JDevil as well as his label, Dim Mak Records JDevil Biography. What do you need exactly to allow this photo to remain on Wikimedia? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nbcwd (talk • contribs) 18:08, 21 October 2012 (UTC)
- I'm afraid that won't be possible. Wikimedia Commons only hosts content that anyone can use for any purpose. The terms you quote above are limited to you (sublicensing is prohibited, meaning you can't issue a valid free license as required by Commons' licensing policy) and to a very narrow purpose. —LX (talk, contribs) 19:28, 21 October 2012 (UTC)
- Then what is needed to allow it to remain on wikimedia? Nbcwd 16:40, 21 October 2012 (PT)
- You speak to me as if I can read your intentions and as though I know every little licensing/copyright rule within Wikipedia. I have read the Help files and they are quite confusing. I would suggest you treat a person well by helping them rather than down talk them! I would like to request another admin's help since you seem to not be able to help me. - Nbcwd 18:28, 21 October 2012 (PT)
File tagging File:Korn, 2013.jpgEdit
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Korn, 2013.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.
- Permission emailed to OTRS on 29 Mar 2013 from Sebastien Paquet. What other permissions do you require? Nbcwd (talk) 12:50, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
- I personally haven't made any additional requests after 27 March. I see that Trijnstel updated the file description on 31 March, adding a notice stating that your e-mail has been received, but that there was some additional checks needed. Since the permissions correspondence is not public, I'm not sure what else is needed. Usually you'd receive an e-mail response if anything else is needed from you. If you didn't, I'd suggest asking Trijnstel about it. Cheers, —LX (talk, contribs) 13:48, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
Your account will be renamedEdit
22:08, 17 March 2015 (UTC)