|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Timor msg 07:08, 23 April 2006 (UTC)
image permission request from Seattle Art MuseumEdit
The Seattle Art Museum is interested in using the following image in a new multimedia interpretive project: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Mosque_Cordoba.jpg
I am new to the concept of Creative Commons and would like to know what stipulations might be in place for the use of this image by our institution. The use would strictly be non-commercial and educational in nature, and would create valuable visual context for a discussion of a set of wonderful Islamic manuscripts in our museum's collection. Please let me know if you have any particular guidelines for our use, as well as how you would like your credit line to read if we are granted rights to reproduce this image.
Thank you for your assistance.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 03:33, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Urna Brasil.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Your account will be renamedEdit
23:24, 17 March 2015 (UTC)