Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Jeddah Marriott no women sign.jpg was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:57, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:AwesomeBlue.png was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 21:55, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Ayurveda Official Photo - May 2010 (Heather Ainsworth).jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 21:55, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Giraldo.png was uncategorized on 6 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:54, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
Hello Ukexpat, I first transferred this picture from :en Wikipedia to Commons because its author (Joe1964) posted it as his personal work (under a compatible license). I'm not sure if he is to be trusted, since he had some other deletions before... Zakke (talk) 18:16, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
|Hello, Ukexpat. You have new messages at WheresTristan's talk page.
Do you have an email address that you can be reached? If so, please email me at email@example.com. I would like to have private communication with you if at all possible. Thank you. Amn12 (talk) 05:55, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
Copyright violation - AmandaBlain.jpgEdit
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Amanda-Blain.jpg&action=edit&redlink=1 I specifically emailed the site and asked them to add the line to the top of the article http://www.girlfriendsocial.com/ottawalaunch.php as i was told to do in the IRC help desk. "Photos available for use by CC-BY-3.0 - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/" above the logo. Why was this removed/reported? Geek4gurl (talk) 20:15, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
Hi ukexpat, thanks for the note on my Talk page about the Hector Ruiz image. It is Mr. Ruiz who owns the copyright to this image and he has emailed the permissions desk with permission for its use under a CC-BY-3.0 license. I added an OTRS pending template on the image for this reason. As you can see, the image is from Mr Ruiz's website. It's been pointed out that the image is also on his profile at computerhope.com, but is appears likely that this site has borrowed the image from Mr. Ruiz's website. If I re-upload the image, is there additional information I need to provide as well as the OTRS pending template? Thanks, 16912 Rhiannon (talk) 14:14, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- Hi again, just wanted to let you know that I've re-uploaded the file and left a note on the Talk page about the OTRS request, as well as including the OTRS template again. Mr. Ruiz received a reply from OTRS asking for the image to be uploaded, so I've included the ticket number that was provided, in case that helps. Please let me know if there's anything else I should do, since Mr. Ruiz is definitely the copyright holder of the image. Thanks, 16912 Rhiannon (talk) 20:53, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 15:58, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
Notification of possible copyright violation for File:Huddesteen eenhoornsluis.jpg
(Just for the record:) Hello, I have removed the "autopatrolled" flag from you Account. "OTRS Member" right includes autopatrol, so this right is redundant , Regards--Steinsplitter (talk) 17:47, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
|File:Stanislava Pak Stanković.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
File:1st King's Dragoon Guards - badge.jpgEdit
File:1st King's Dragoon Guards - badge.jpg was identified as a copyright violation by me earlier today because of a misunderstanding over permissions. That is why it was already tagged for deletion. I note you are quoting an OTRS ticket. Can you tell me what the content of that is please? It may well relate to e-mails exchanged between myself and others today. SonofSetanta (talk) 16:11, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- I am sorry but I cannot disclose the contents of OTRS communications.--ukexpat (talk) 17:50, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- I didn't know that or I wouldn't have asked. I'm interested because there's one helluva dingdong going on about a certain gentleman who's been poaching badges and not asking permission from the copyright owners. I thought perhaps a webmaster had complained? That one was inadvertently uploaded by me which is why I tagged it for deletion. I thought I had permission but then found out the badge wasn't posted by my regular contact on a certain site. SonofSetanta (talk) 06:32, 4 September 2013 (UTC)
VIKASH MAHARAJ jpg.
I am sone of Pandit Vikash Maharaj and have all rights of all pictures posted on his page. All the pictures has been taken by Vikash Maharaj's permission and posted and used on his personal website www.panditvikashmaharaj.com and other media sites. He own all copy writes of using every texts and pictures. It's not violation. All the pictures have taken by his own Camera. All pictures are privately taken. and have domestic rights on use of it.
Please do not mark it for deletion and kindly guide me to do better way if it's not satisfactory to you.