More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:10, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Model 89 15cm heavy gun Japan.jpg was uncategorized on 22 August 2009.
- Image:Model 96 (1936) 15cm howitzer Japan.jpg was uncategorized on 22 August 2009.
- Image:Oda Nobunaga swivel breech loading gun.jpg was uncategorized on 22 August 2009.
- Image:Nestorian Mongolian Bishop.jpg was uncategorized on 19 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:01, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Psautier by Gabriel Sionita 1625.jpg was uncategorized on 19 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:28, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
coin of Antiochus VII with DioscuriEdit
I read on the coin "epiphanous dionysiou". Are you sure this coin was really minted by Antiochus VII euergetes sidetes? bye
File:Hexagonal rifling of Le Petulant.jpg, crop?Edit
You have uploaded File:Hexagonal rifling of Le Petulant.jpg as "own work", but it looks like a crop of File:Canon de montagne de 4 modele 1859 Le Petulant.jpg and is thus a derivative work. Can you confirm this?
File:Canon de montagne de 4 modele 1859 Le Petulant.jpg is licensed as CC-BY-SA, and therefore File:Hexagonal rifling of Le Petulant.jpg must have the same license; you can not use PD-self for this file if it is a crop from an other. MKFI (talk) 14:36, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- I have changed the license of File:Hexagonal rifling of Le Petulant.jpg to cc-by-sa-3.0/gfdl and marked it as a derivative of File:Canon de montagne de 4 modele 1859 Le Petulant.jpg. MKFI (talk) 12:26, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
|File:Battle of Diu 1509.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Archive for FilmEdit
I'm an assistant producer from a documentary production house, and am looking for archives of Diu, India.
I came across an image you uploaded, a painting of the Death of Sultan Bahadur in front of Diu - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Death_of_Sultan_Bahadur_in_front_of_Diu_against_the_Portuguese_1537_Akbar_Nama_end_of_16th_century.jpg
I was wondering if you own the copyright to this image, if i'd like to use it for film purposes? If not would you know who would have the copyright, and to the original image?
Candice Infocus Asia email: firstname.lastname@example.org