Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. --Siebrand 13:51, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
What wonderful bird photos. I have nominated Image:White-crowned-Sparrow.jpg for Featured Picture status. Some of the others would probably be supported there as well, but there's a guideline for FP status that image sizes should be at least 2Mpx. --MichaelMaggs 16:41, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks so much. I'll be uploading larger versions of the old ones as time (and crop;-) permits. New images usually should arrive in 2048x1365 resolution to make you commoner's happy ;-). Wwcsig 16:49, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
Excellent. Look forward to it! --MichaelMaggs 17:39, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
The image Image:White-crowned-Sparrow.jpg, which was nominated by MichaelMaggs at Commons:Featured picture candidates/Image:White-crowned-Sparrow.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
-- Cecil 06:15, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
Downy Woodpecker shotsEdit
My compliments on the beautiful Downy Woodpecker shots. Both are really nice work, and greatly improve the overall look of the article. I've had two of my uploaded photos (blurry and low-rez) on that page for about 9 months now, simply because they seemed to be the best available - but all that time I've been hoping someone would contribute some better and brighter photos, and I appreciate you doing it. Ken Thomas 14:58, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
Of course you are right to mention my pixel limits. I do have a larger version of this picture, of which an earlier (even noisier) version was shot down on FP in July. I didn't expect this one to do this well actually (especially because of the size!!). It was more of a test post. Thanks for the support regardless. Lycaon 15:32, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
I noticed that this image, which you created, is being used by Severn Beach Pages while failing to meet the requirements for re-use outlined by the GFDL. I will send a pre-DMCA Take down Notice e-mail to the owner of the website. If the copyright violation continues, it is recommended that you take legal action. Regards, Boricuæddie 19:55, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
- I sent them a nicely worded message just minutes ago, usually that works with most authors since there is no ill-will involved. People assume wiki == free and just 'reuse' the image. Let's see how they react... Wwcsig 20:05, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I'm writing to let you know that an image of yours that become a Commons Featured Picture during 2007 is now part of the 2007 Picture of the Year competition. If you have > 200 edits you are welcome to vote too. Thanks for contributing your valuable work and good luck.--Kushan I.A.K.J 15:55, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
Request to use your picturesEdit
Hi, I am not sure of the best way to contact people here. I have a site birdphotos.com where I am trying to create a gallery of great photos. I would gladly follow your usage requirements. My photos are posted in full resolution with a one line atttribution requirement, which I suspect this is weaker than the GFDL. I may switch to the GFDL for my photos. There are photos on the site by others with the Creative Commons license. One requirement I have for using people's photos is they acknowledge my request. Thank you very much for the outstanding photos you have contributed to the Internet community. Tom Friedel email@example.com
- Thanks Tom for your kind words. I'll check out your site and will get back to you... Wwcsig 18:32, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
Quality Image PromotionEdit
Congratulations! File:Brewers Blackbird.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:20, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Red-breasted-Nuthatch.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.