Category:Østre Landsret

Østre Landsret (High Court of Eastern Denmark), courthouse in Copenhagen, est. 1919.

The building was erected 1701-03 as Royal Opera House, and is variously attributed to either Johan Conrad Ernst or Ernst Brandenbuger. In 1718-21, the building was converted into a Military Academy, housing 140 cadets. A mezzanine story was added in 1769 by the intervention of Caspar Frederik Harsdorff. In 1861, the edifice became a barracks, housing infantrymen and military engineers. After the 1884 Christiansborg Palace fire, the building was converted once more; this time into a temporary domicile for the Upper and Lower Houses of the Danish Parliament (Rigsdagen). The architect responsible for this renovation was H. V. Brinkopff, who added new floors supported by cast-iron pillars, in order to accommodate the new functions. In 1902-03, a new wing facing Bredgade was built to house the administration of the Parliament. It imitates the style of the older building and was designed by Martin Borch. In 1918, the Parliament moved back into the new Christiansborg Palace then under construction, and the year after, the building was rededicated as the new High Court of Eastern Denmark, occupying the premises till the present day.

The building was listed in 1918.

Østre Landsret (nb); Østre Landsret (sv); Østre Landsret (en); 丹麥東區高等法院 (zh); Østre Landsret (da) Bredgade 59 (da)
Østre Landsret 
Østre Landsret E.jpg
Upload media
Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg  Wikipedia
Instance ofappellate court
Location Copenhagen Municipality, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark
Street address
official website
55° 41′ 10.21″ N, 12° 35′ 27.02″ E
Authority control
Edit infobox data on Wikidata

Media in category "Østre Landsret"

The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.