Østre Landsret (High Court of Eastern Denmark), courthouse in Copenhagen, est. 1919.
The building was erected 1701-03 as Royal Opera House, and is variously attributed to either Johan Conrad Ernst or Ernst Brandenbuger. In 1718-21, the building was converted into a Military Academy, housing 140 cadets. A mezzanine story was added in 1769 by the intervention of Caspar Frederik Harsdorff. In 1861, the edifice became a barracks, housing infantrymen and military engineers. After the 1884 Christiansborg Palace fire, the building was converted once more; this time into a temporary domicile for the Upper and Lower Houses of the Danish Parliament (Rigsdagen). The architect responsible for this renovation was H. V. Brinkopff, who added new floors supported by cast-iron pillars, in order to accommodate the new functions. In 1902-03, a new wing facing Bredgade was built to house the administration of the Parliament. It imitates the style of the older building and was designed by Martin Borch. In 1918, the Parliament moved back into the new Christiansborg Palace then under construction, and the year after, the building was rededicated as the new High Court of Eastern Denmark, occupying the premises till the present day.
The building was listed in 1918.
|Instance of||appellate court|
|Location||Copenhagen Municipality, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark|
Media in category "Østre Landsret"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Bredgade - Østre Landsret.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 1.12 MB
- Copenhagen Opera House 1702 (Østre Landsret).jpg 1,024 × 736; 120 KB
- Folketingssalen by Peter Tom-Petersen.jpg 739 × 526; 72 KB
- Folketingssalen i Rigsdagsbygningen.jpg 737 × 515; 66 KB
- Første Danske Nævningesag 1920 Østre Landsret.jpg 4,060 × 2,644; 2.08 MB
- Köpenhamn - KMB - 16001000159744.jpg 547 × 790; 53 KB
- Köpenhamn - KMB - 16001000159746.jpg 780 × 540; 62 KB
- Landstingssalen by Julius Aagaard.jpg 732 × 516; 52 KB
- Øster Landsret (Copenhagen).jpg 2,048 × 1,365; 457 KB
- Østre Landsret E.jpg 2,121 × 1,638; 1.97 MB
- Østre Landsret i Bredgade 59.jpg 4,240 × 2,836; 1.88 MB
- Østre Landsret N.jpg 2,272 × 1,704; 876 KB