Category:134-140 Grand Street
English: 134-140 Grand Street on the corner of Crosby Street in the SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1870 and was designed by William Field & Son. Who provided the cast-iron facade is not known. The building's Crisby Street facade was largely destroyed in 1879 due to a fire in the building across the street. A plan to have Ely Jacques Kahn remodel the building's facades in 1937 did not come to fruition, and most of the ornamentation of the building's mansard roof was removed in the 1960s. Originally used for light manufacturing, artists moved into the building in the 1960s and 1970s, and the building became a co-op in 1977. It is a "remnant of SoHo's artist days." (Source: New York Times article)
Media in category "134-140 Grand Street"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.