Category:150 Fifth Avenue
150 Fifth Avenue at East 20th Street in the Flatiron District of Manhattan, New York City, was built between 1888 and 1890, designed by Edward Hale Kendall. The Romanesque Revival building was originally the Methodist Book Concern, with printing presses, offices, and a chapel, and "MBC" can still be seen on the crown. There were so many religious institutions along this part of Fifth Avenue between 16th and 23rd Streets at the turn of the 20th century that it came to be known as "Paternoster Row". A similiar cluster of religious charities, some of which are still there, centered around 22nd Street and Fourth Avenue (which is now Park Avenue South).