Category:2014 Dan River coal ash spill
- English: 2014 Dan River coal ash spill
- In February 2014, an Eden, North Carolina facility owned by Duke Energy spilled 39,000 tons of coal ash into the Dan River. The company later pled guilty to criminal negligence in their handling of coal ash at Eden and elsewhere and paid substantial fines.
ecological disaster in North Carolina
|Location||United States of America|
Media in category "2014 Dan River coal ash spill"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Dan River coal ash spill - impoundment and power plant - 2014.jpg 1,280 × 960; 198 KB
- Dan River coal ash spill - impoundment cleanup - 2014-02-09.jpg 1,280 × 281; 63 KB
- Dan River coal ash spill - shoreline - 2014-02-09.jpg 1,280 × 960; 291 KB
- Dan River Steam Station - aerial - 2014.png 3,300 × 2,549; 2.98 MB