Category:880 Broadway W. & J. Sloane Store Building
The building at 880 Broadway (880-886) at the corner of East 19th Street in the Flatiron District of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1881-1882 as the W. & J. Sloane Store, and expanded in 1898, designed by Willam Wheeler Smith in the Commerical Palace style. Sloane move here from Broadway at City Hall, and later moved to Fifth Avenue and 45th Street. The building lies within the Ladies' Mile Historic District, and originally consisted of two buildings - a 6-story retail store and a 9-story warehouse with an additional wing which goes through to 18th Street. The warehouse building is now separate, at 32-38 East 19th Street, also known as 33-35 East 18th Street. (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.) and NYCLPC Ladies' Mile Designation Report vol. 1) The main building is now used by ABC Carpets.
Media in category "880 Broadway W. & J. Sloane Store Building"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- (King1893NYC) pg857 W. & J. SLOANE, BROADWAY, SOUTHEAST CORNER 19TH STREET.jpg 972 × 1,154; 720 KB
- 880 Broadway W. & J. Sloane Store Building.jpg 1,692 × 2,304; 928 KB
- 880 Broadway.jpg 1,955 × 1,715; 897 KB
- SBS Propaganda Sign Broadway.jpg 3,864 × 5,152; 7.76 MB
- W. & J. Sloane warehouse 32-38 East 19th Street.jpg 1,135 × 2,304; 646 KB