English: The former site and current region — Abu Simbel — is in Nubia, within the Aswan Governorate of southern Egypt.
- The original Abu Simbel and upper Nile River has been submerged since the 1970s, and is deep under the Lake Nasser reservoir formed by the new Aswan High Dam.
- The modern town and the two 13th century BCE Abu Simbel temples were entirely relocated between 1964 and 1968 before the reservoir filled, on an artificial hill above the reservoir's projected waterline. The rescued and relocated temples complex is part of the "Nubian Monuments" UNESCO World Heritage Site along this part of the Nile region.
- Other ancient Nubian and Egyptian archaeological sites, historic places and elements, and distinctive Category:Landforms
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Media in category "Abu Simbel"
The following 68 files are in this category, out of 68 total.
- معبد ابوسمبل.jpg 84 KB
- Abu Simbel (I).jpg 2.9 MB
- Abu Simbel bird.jpg 342 KB
- Abu Simbel Egypt 14.jpg 1.78 MB
- Abu Simbel Naser lake.jpg 546 KB
- Abu Simbel Nile lake.jpg 848 KB
- Abu Simbel resort.jpg 901 KB
- Abu Simbel village.jpg 620 KB
- Egyptian man standing.jpg 621 KB
- Lake Nasser Vista.jpg 135 KB
- Lake Nasser1.JPG 403 KB
- Lake Nasser2.JPG 612 KB
- Nassersee Abu Simbel 01.jpg 5.07 MB
- Sunrise Abu Simbel.jpg 348 KB