Ādivāsīs (Devanagari: आदिवासी, literally: old inhabitants) is an umbrella term for a heterogeneous set of ethnic and tribal groups believed to be the Indigenous peoples of India. They comprise a substantial indigenous minority of the population of India. Adivasi societies are particularly present in the Indian states of Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Mizoram and other northeastern states, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Officially recognized by the Indian government as "Scheduled Tribes" in the Fifth Schedule of the en:Constitution of India, they are often grouped together with scheduled castes in the category "en:Scheduled Castes and Tribes", which is eligible for certain affirmative action measures.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Crafts Museum, New Delhi (8 C, 1 P, 77 F)
- ► Gadaba people (3 F)
- ► Reservation in India (1 F)
- ► Khond people (9 F)
- ► Lalgarh (1 C, 4 F)
- ► Naga people (3 C, 1 P, 34 F)
Media in category "Adivasi"
The following 59 files are in this category, out of 59 total.
- Adivasi culture.jpg 133 KB
- Adivasi.jpg 1.98 MB
- Bhavni Mata.jpg 72 KB
- CTSI-pan.jpg 52 KB
- CTSI-pan1.jpg 123 KB
- CTSI-shl.jpg 67 KB
- Dhodia1.jpg 11 KB
- Dhodia14.jpg 67 KB
- Dhodia18.jpg 58 KB
- Dhodia23.jpg 98 KB
- Kani Tribe Lamp Dance.JPG 276 KB
- KomAdultMale.png 31 KB
- Mahua.jpg 51 KB
- Manifestation, Bhopal.jpg 4.08 MB
- Members of Koi community.jpg 574 KB
- MPP-Pan1.jpg 44 KB
- Muslim reservation.jpg 391 KB
- Muslim reservation1.jpg 480 KB
- Muslim reservation3.jpg 345 KB
- Santhali dance.jpg 80 KB