The Agile-class minesweepers are a class of US-built ocean-going minesweepers. 58 ships were built for the United States Navy, 35 ships were built for the allied NATO navies.
There is some confusion on how to name this class. The class is often described as the Aggressive-class, as USS Aggressive (MSO-422) was the first ship to be commissioned. Sometimes four ships are a Dash-class subclass, although all ships are of the same design. The following Acme-class differed only in being fitted with an enlarged superstructure to act as flagships.
|Instance of||ship class|
This category has the following 67 subcategories, out of 67 total.
- ► M618 My Tho (ship, 1953) (4 F)
Media in category "Agile-class minesweepers"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Aggressive-class minesweepers of US Mine Division 73 underway c1965.jpg 1,524 × 2,103; 1.82 MB
- Aggressive-class minesweepers underway c1960.jpg 1,228 × 958; 776 KB
- Agile-class minesweepers in drydock at Yokosuka c1957.jpg 768 × 986; 602 KB
- French minesweeper Berlaimont (M620) under construction in 1954.jpg 2,222 × 2,835; 3.49 MB
- French minesweepers Berneval (M613) and Garigliano (M617) fitting out c1953.jpg 2,816 × 2,105; 2.1 MB
- French minesweepers fitting out at Bellingham Shipyards c1953.jpg 2,221 × 2,749; 3.24 MB