Français : Albufeira
Bahasa Indonesia: Albufeira
Norsk nynorsk: Albufeira
Winaray : Albufeira
- English: Albufeira Municipality and the City of Albufeira — in the Faro District, Algarve region, southernmost Portugal. The original settlement was know as Baltum by the Romans. The name Albufeira was derived from the Arabic Islamic name of Al-buhera which translates to the 'Castle by the Sea' due to the original castle fortress which stood on the high ground and cliff tops above a lagoon which was located were the lower parts of the old town now stands.
municipality and city in Portugal
Platja dels pescadors
|Instance of||city of Portugal,|
municipality of Portugal
|Location||Faro District, Portugal|
|Elevation above sea level|
This category has the following 36 subcategories, out of 36 total.
- ► Unidentified locations in Albufeira (1 C, 9 F)
- ► Architecture of Albufeira (4 C)
- ► Baltum (Albufeira) (9 F)
- ► Demographic charts of Albufeira (29 F)
- ► Entertainment in Albufeira (1 C, 6 F)
- ► Media of Albufeira (5 C)
- ► Organizations in Albufeira (2 C)
- ► Roundabouts in Albufeira (1 C, 55 F)
Pages in category "Albufeira"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Albufeira"
This category contains only the following file.
- Pt-pt Albufeira FF.ogg 1.5 s; 29 KB