Category:Alexander I of Georgia
Alexander I, “the Great” or Aleksandre I Didi (1386–1446) of the Bagrationi house, was king of Georgia from 1412 to 1442. Despite his efforts to restore the country from the ruins left by the Turco-Mongol warlord Timur Leng’s invasions, Georgia never recovered and faced the inevitable fragmentation that was followed by a long period of stagnation. In 1442, he abdicated the throne and retired to a monastery.
king of Georgia (1412-1442)
|Date of birth||1390|
|Date of death||26 August 1445|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
Media in category "Alexander I of Georgia"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- 1ალექსანდრე I.jpg 640 × 294; 30 KB
- Alexander I of Georgia (Nabakhtevi fresco).jpg 480 × 628; 280 KB
- Alexander I signature.svg 640 × 294; 50 KB
- Constantine I, Alexander I, Vakhtang IV, George VIII relief.jpg 1,707 × 2,507; 5.29 MB
- King Alexander, renovator of Mtskheta (Svetitskhoveli).jpg 385 × 381; 38 KB