Category:Alexandra (ship, 1884)
English: Alexandra was a iron full-rigger and built by Oswald, Mordaunt & Co. at Southampton in 1884. Registered at 2521 tons gross (2461 net)and 2347 tons under deck, she measured a massive length × beam × depth: 304.6 × 41.3 × 25.2 ft (92.8 × 12.6 × 7.7 m). At the time of her entry into service, was the largest sailing vessel operating out of the Thames. Ordered as the flagship for his growing fleet by J. Coupland of London, her first master, Captain John Pierce, kept her until she was sold in 1890 and renamed Claverdon. Her new owners, F. & A. Nodin, put her into the San Francisco trade and she survived two particularly brutal passages around Cape Horn in 1893 and again in 1902, being nearly lost on both occasions. Sold to Italy and was renamed Albertstella 1923 broken up at Sestri Levante.
- Alexandra (1884 – 1880)
- Claverdon (1890 – 1920) see Category:Claverdon (ship, 1884)
- Albertstella (1920 – 1923)
Media in category "Alexandra (ship, 1884)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Lai Fong - The merchan...