Category:Alexandra Georgievna of Russia
Grand Duchess Alexandra Georgievna of Russia (Александра Георгиевна), née Princess Alexandra of Greece and Denmark (August 30, 1870–September 24, 1891).
She was born in Corfu, Greece. She was the firstborn daughter of George I of Greece and Olga Konstantinovna of Russia, herself the daughter of Grand Duke Constantine Nicholaievich of Russia. She was a sister to three Greek kings, and aunt of two queens. When she was 19 years old, she was married to Grand Duke Paul Alexandrovich of Russia, the eighth child and sixth son of Tsar Alexander II of Russia and Princess Marie of Hesse and by Rhine. They had two children:
- Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia (1890-1958)
- Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich of Russia (1891-1941)
Alexandra Georgievna died six days after Dmitri's birth, 21 years old.
|Date of birth||30 August 1870|
|Date of death||12 September 1891 (in Julian calendar)|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|| |
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Alexandra Georgievna of Russia"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Apollon1.JPG 1,694 × 2,327; 418 KB
- S. Alexandra and S.Paul by F.Platonov (1889, priv.coll).jpg 1,578 × 1,892; 1.33 MB
- San Pietroburgo-Fortezza di Pietro e Paolo 13.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 3.04 MB
- San Pietroburgo-Fortezza di Pietro e Paolo 13a.jpg 741 × 892; 460 KB