Category:Alfred E. Neuman
English: Alfred E. Neuman is the fictitious mascot and cover boy of the American humor magazine Mad. The character's face had drifted through U.S. Iconography for decades before being claimed by Mad editor Harvey Kurtzman in 1954 and later named by the magazine's second editor Al Feldstein in 1956. Since his debut in Mad, Neuman's likeness has appeared on the cover of all but a handful of the magazine's 500 issues, distinguished by jug ears, a missing front tooth, and one eye lower than the other. His face is rarely seen in profile; he has virtually always been shown in front view, directly from behind, or in silhouette. NOTE: ALL full images of Alfred E. Neuman are presumed under copyright, as the character first appeared in 1954. unless a specific image is found where no copyright notice was renewed, no images should be posted here. prior images, out of copyright, that are likely precursors, and images in context (people holding magazines, graffiti representations, etc) may be posted here.
the mascot for Mad magazine
A postcard with the public domain "me worry?" face that later inspired Mad magazine's Alfred E. Neuman.
|Instance of|| mascot character (Suomen Mad),|
Media in category "Alfred E. Neuman"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- 1941AlfredENeuman.jpg 436 × 663; 151 KB
- Alfred E. Neuman (Coverboy der Zeitschrift MAD) als Graffito am Freiburger Dreisamufer.jpg 4,000 × 2,413; 2.65 MB
- Alfred E. Neumann.jpg 920 × 1,200; 216 KB
- Antikamnia neuman-z.jpg 375 × 359; 116 KB
- Antikamnia neuman.jpg 398 × 513; 52 KB
- BannerVorschlagRedaktionHumor.png 1,200 × 200; 55 KB
- Belle Archer's new comedy drama, Jess of the Bar Z.png 1,241 × 1,699; 3.71 MB
- Crazy44.jpg 610 × 813; 221 KB
- MAD-alfie-1960.jpg 4,092 × 2,538; 7.34 MB
- Mort Drucker.jpg 726 × 864; 175 KB
- The New Boy - Los Angeles Herald.jpg 401 × 457; 44 KB