Category:Almdijk (ship, 1942)
- Type: C3-S-A2 freighter, completed as escort carrier, later converted to merchant ship
- Built by: Ingalls Shipbuilding, Pascagoula MS
- Yard No: 294
- Keel laid: 1941.05.15
- Launched: 1942.05.22
- Completed: 1942.12.31
- Length over all: 492 ft
- GRT: 7800
- Ordered as C3-S-A2 freighter Mormacpenn
- Taken over by U.S. Navy to be built as escort carrier USS Block Island (AVG-8)
- Transferred to Royal Navy as Trailer
- 1943.01.11 Commissioned in Royal Navy as HMS Hunter (D80)
- 1945.12.29 Returned to U.S. Navy
- 1947.01.17 Renamed Almdijk; Flag: Netherlands
- Owner: Holland America Line
- 1953 Renamed Almdyk
- 1965.11.02 Arrived in Valencia, Spain, for scrapping
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► HMS Hunter (D80) (5 F)
Media in category "Almdijk (ship, 1942)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Gezicht op een haven, vermoedelijk in Duitsland, RP-F-F01076-G.jpg 4,514 × 3,628; 1.44 MB