Category:Anthology Film Archives
The Anthology Film Archives was founded in 1970. Its building at 32 Second Avenue on the corner of East 2nd Street in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1917-19 as the Manhattan Third District Magistrate's Courthouse, which after 1948 became the Lower Manhattan Magistrate's Courthouse. (It was also known informally as the Second Avenue Courthouse.) It was designed by Alfred Hopkins in the Renaissance Revival style, and in 1913 was originally planned to be a 14-story building, scaled back by Hopkins to 3-stories in 1917. It was sold to AFA in 1979, and was converted for their use by architects Raimund Abraham and Kevin Bone. It is located within the East Village/Lower East Side Historic District (Sources: "East Village/Lower East Side Historic District Designation Report") and "History" on the Anthology Film Archives website)
Media in category "Anthology Film Archives"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Anthology Film Archive 2.jpg 3,456 × 2,304; 4.71 MB
- Anthology Film Archives - lights sign.jpg 3,456 × 2,592; 1.67 MB
- Anthology Film Archives - ticket.jpg 2,736 × 3,648; 747 KB
- Anthology Film Archives sun 2d Av 2d St jeh.jpg 2,499 × 1,899; 1,011 KB
- Anthology Film Archives.jpg 1,854 × 1,317; 713 KB
- AnthologyBuilding.JPG 640 × 480; 69 KB
- NewAnthologyFilmArchiveBuilding crop.jpg 1,874 × 1,222; 584 KB
- NewAnthologyFilmArchiveBuilding.JPG 2,048 × 1,536; 595 KB