Category:Arnold Constable & Company
The Arnold Constable Dry Goods Store had the four-story building at 309-311 Canal Street at the corner of Mercer Street in the SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. built in 1856. The five-story building next door, at 307, was built in 1862, along with a fifth floor to the original building. The store moved uptown to the Ladies' Mile in 1869. (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
Arnold Constable's new emporium at 881-887 Broadway at 19th Street in the Flatiron District of Manhattan, New York City lies within the Ladies Miles Historic District. The building takes up the entire block of 19th Street to Fifth Avenue, where its address is 115 Fifth Avenue. It was originally built in 1868-1869 and extended in 1873 and 1877, and was designed by Griffith Thomas. The Broadway facade is marble, while the Fifth Avenue an 19th Street facades are cast iron. The building features a 2-story mansard roof, and is currently used on the Broadway side by ABC Carpets, and on the Fifth Avenue side by a number of retailers, including Victoria's Secret. (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
The Arnold Constable Annex at 9-13 East 18th Street between Broadway and Fifth Avenue in the Flatiron District neighborhood of Manhattan, New York was built in 1883-84, and was designed by William Schickel in Renaissance Revival style. It connected to the main Arnold Constable store directly at the ground floor and basement, and by way of a four-story overhead bridge. The building is locate within the Ladies' Miles Historic District. (Source: "NYCLPC Ladies' Mile Historic District Designation Report, volume 2")
Media in category "Arnold Constable & Company"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Arnold Constable 115 Fifth Avenue.jpg 1,927 × 1,724; 804 KB
- Arnold Constable 307-311 Canal Street.jpg 2,176 × 1,728; 907 KB
- Arnold Constable 53 Howard Street.jpg 3,649 × 3,238; 3 MB
- Arnold Constable 881-887 Broadway.jpg 1,660 × 1,728; 610 KB
- Arnold Constable Annex 9-13 East 18th Street.jpg 1,629 × 2,304; 854 KB
- Constable Buildiing 109-111 Fifth Avenue.jpg 1,705 × 2,304; 595 KB
- Dolman MET 27.28 back CP4.jpg 2,250 × 4,000; 1.55 MB
- Dolman MET 27.28 front CP4.jpg 2,285 × 4,000; 1.37 MB
- Hoyt Building and Arnold Constable Building.jpg 2,179 × 1,728; 881 KB