English: Athens-Clarke County is a consolidated city–county in U.S. state of Georgia, in the northeastern part of the state, comprising the former City of Athens proper (the county seat) and Clarke County. The University of Georgia is located in this college town and is responsible for the initial growth of the city. In 1991, after a vote the preceding year, the original city abandoned its charter in order to form a unified government with Clarke County, referred to collectively as Athens-Clarke County. As of the 2010 census, the consolidated city-county (including all of Athens-Clarke County except Winterville and a portion of Bogart) had a total population of 115,452; all of Clarke County had a population of 116,714. Athens-Clarke County is the fifth-largest city in Georgia and the principal city of the Athens-Clarke County, which had a population of 192,541 as of the 2010 Census.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► 1093 Studios, Athens, Georgia (1 C, 10 F)
- ► Buildings in Athens, Georgia (12 C, 105 F)
- ► Dead Confederate (18 F)
- ► National Register of Historic Places in Athens, Georgia (18 C, 30 F)
- ► Tallassee Shoals Hydroelectric Facility (14 F)
- ► University of Georgia (23 C, 1 P, 126 F)
- ► Zaxby's (1 C, 13 F)
Media in category "Athens, Georgia"
The following 50 files are in this category, out of 50 total.
- Athens Banner Herald Walkway.JPG 3.11 MB
- AthensTangoProject.jpg 8.6 MB
- Ben Epps Statue.JPG 3.05 MB
- Dt athens.jpg 48 KB
- Futurebirds.jpg 54 KB
- Gasquare2007.jpg 776 KB
- Ivy Hydrant.jpg 460 KB
- Oconee Hill Cemetery.jpg 1.25 MB
- Olympic Grove Plaque.JPG 3.03 MB
- R.E.M. collage.jpg 368 KB
- RalphieVisitsSanford.jpg 936 KB
- Red Grass.jpg 661 KB
- SanfordNorthStandsPanorama.jpg 2.65 MB
- Spirit of Athens Plaque.JPG 3.1 MB
- Spirit of Athens.JPG 2.8 MB
- TowardsUGAArch.jpg 883 KB
- Treethatownsitself.jpg 915 KB
- Wilson's Soul Food Inc. 7.jpg 3.58 MB