English: Avonwick is a village in the county of Devon, England. It is within the parish of North Huish. The River Avon runs through the village - its name derives from avon meaning river, and wick an old word for village, but it was not so named until the 1870s, previously being known as Newhouse.
village in United Kingdom
|Location||North Huish, United Kingdom|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Avonwick"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Avonwick Post Office and Village Stores - geograph.org.uk - 1066230.jpg 640 × 427; 100 KB
- Cousens Garage, Avonwick - geograph.org.uk - 1067473.jpg 640 × 427; 51 KB
- Horsebrook, Avonwick - South Devon - geograph.org.uk - 165672.jpg 640 × 480; 127 KB
- Lodge House, Avonwick - geograph.org.uk - 1067461.jpg 640 × 427; 99 KB
- The Avon Inn, Avonwick - geograph.org.uk - 1378005.jpg 480 × 640; 125 KB