English: Azipod is the registered brand name of the ABB Group for their azimuth thruster. Originally developed in Finland jointly by Kvaerner Masa-Yards dockyards and ABB, these are marine propulsion units consisting of electrically driven propellers mounted on a steerable pod.
Media in category "Azipods"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- A nice view of the azipods of the USCGC Mackinaw-2.jpg 500 × 373; 39 KB
- A nice view of the azipods of the USCGC Mackinaw.jpg 2,048 × 1,536; 726 KB
- First Azipod.jpg 2,560 × 1,920; 1.94 MB
- Mackinaw WLBB-30 Azipod thruster.jpg 3,008 × 2,000; 1.46 MB
- Main Control Console on USCGC Mackinaw (WLBB-30).jpg 1,300 × 936; 415 KB