Bánh mì is a Vietnamese term for all kinds of bread. Although the term bánh mì only means bread without any fillings, the term is used to refer to a type of meat-filled sandwich found in Vietnamese bakeries abroad, especially in US, Canadian, Australian, and French communities with substantial Vietnamese immigrant communities. In the Vietnamese language, the term bánh mì is not enough to describe the type of meat-filled sandwich. Therefore, additional words are added to describe the kind of fillings. For example, bánh mì xíu mại means a baguette with crushed pork meatball, Bánh mì pâté chả thịt means a baguette or sandwich with pâté, Vietnamese sausage and meat, usually pork bellies, since it is the most common kind of meat. Almost all of these varieties innovations made by or introduced and is often eaten in Saigon and is known as bánh mì Sài Gòn ("Saigon-Style" banh mi), the most popular form is banh mi thit.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Lee's Sandwiches (4 F)
Media in category "Bánh mì"
The following 28 files are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Banh mi - flickr5607479129.jpg 2.25 MB
- Banh mi and cuon.jpg 2.14 MB
- Banh mi assemblage.JPG 4.27 MB
- Banh mi sandwich.jpg 234 KB
- Banh Mi Sao Mai po-boy.JPG 1.05 MB
- Banh mi thit Nhu Lan.jpg 184 KB
- Banh Mi, Eden Center.jpg 2.89 MB
- Bánh mì thịt nướng.png 1.07 MB
- Bánh mì with tittle.jpg 95 KB
- Bánh mì đặc trưng Sàigòn.JPG 3.18 MB
- Bánh mì.jpg 2.19 MB
- Chicken Schnitzel Roll.jpg 230 KB
- Dong Phuong Bread.JPG 1.62 MB
- Dong Phuong Sandwich.JPG 1.03 MB
- Flickr4062448221.jpg 373 KB
- Mobile business.jpg 66 KB
- OakPoBoyFest07BahnMiSao.jpg 1.43 MB
- UMass Banh Mi.jpg 1.76 MB
- Vietnamese sandwich.JPG 171 KB